• Placement of 60 million new shares at S$0.8032 each, amounting to 12.33% of AsiaPharm's enlarged capital.
• Subscription by Templeton Strategic Emerging Market Fund II, LDC of additional 20 million new shares at S$0.8032, amounting to 4.11% of AsiaPharm's enlarged capital.
• Proceeds raised to fund expansion initiatives through M&As and Joint Ventures.
AsiaPharm is a leading specialty pharmaceutical group in the People's Republic of China focusing on the research and development, production and sale of natural drugs and drug delivery systems. [+]
• MicroCircuit Technology (2002) Pte Ltd is AEMEvertech's third manufacturing facility in Singapore.
• Total investment in MicroCircuit Technology expansion plan to top $80 million by 2010.
• Secured sales orders by MicroCircuit Technology to date since January 2006 has surpassed total sales revenue for last fiscal year.
AEM-Evertech is in the core business of designing and manufacturing equipment, precision engineering products, chemicals and substrates for the microelectronic industry as well as providing engineering materials and services to the industry. [+]
MMI Holdings Limited, achieved a 68% increase in net profit to USD11.8 million for Q3FY2006 over the same quarter a year ago. Revenue increased by 23% to USD128m during 3QFY06 as a result of healthy growth in all areas of the Group's operations.
With the improved financial performance during FY06, the Group's cash balance stood at US$40m giving a net cash of USD16m as at end of Mar 06 compared to USD2m in June 2005.
MMI is an electro-mechanical contract manufacturer providing OEM and ODM contract manufacturing services for its strategic customers in multi-industries: data storage, photonics, communications, semi-conductor equipment, automotive and industrial automation. [+]
Wholly owned subsidiary, E-Smart Distribution Pte Ltd has been awarded a contract by InfoWave Pte Ltd to manufacture InfoWave's Mobile Data Terminals.
Esmart has always focused on manufacturing GPS/GPRS related projects contracted by InfoWave while InfoWave is the designer and developer of in-vehicle touch screen Waveon 738 Mobile Data Terminals to Comfort Transportation Pte Ltd, the largest taxi fleet operator in Singapore and a member of ComfortDelGro Group of Companies.
The MDTs that will be installed in the vehicles will add sophistication and flexibility to Comfort's Intelligent Transport Management System allowing drivers to access geographical coordinates and on-board digital maps. The Taxi Drivers can be map-navigated to the passenger pick-up points and destinations quicker and more efficiently.
Esmart designs and supplies solutions, ranging from designing the entire subsystems of electronics products - hardware design, firmware development, PCB layout design and device application development - to supplying the main active devices, chipsets and other electronics components. [+]
Inter-Roller Engineering Limited achieved improved results for the first quarter of 2006 compared with the corresponding period last year. The turnover of $30.6 million was 83% higher than that for the first quarter of 2005. Profit after tax increased by 101% to $4.7 million compared with $2.3 million for the first quarter of 2005.
In the first quarter of this year, the Group secured new orders of $42 million. After taking into account turnover for the first quarter, the Group has outstanding orders of $189 million as at 31 March 2006.
Inter-Roller specializes in designing and building Airport Logistics Systems such as Airport Baggage Handling systems, In-flight Catering Systems and Air-Cargo Handling Systems. [+]
Dr Tan See Leng has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer of the Company.
Dr Tan was previously Chief Operating Officer of Mount Elizabeth Hospital, a premier private hospital owned by Parkway Group Healthcare, before being promoted to General Manager of Special Projects and Integration of Parkway Holdings. His achievements include founding and developing Healthway Medical Group into the second largest stand alone primary healthcare group in Singapore with a turnover of S$20 million per annum. He also spearheaded the integration of the acquisition of a controlling stake by Parkway in Pantai Holdings, a listed healthcare company with seven hospitals in Malaysia.
Dr Tan graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. He also obtained his Masters of Medicine (Family Medicine) from NUS; a Fellowship from the College of Family Physicians Singapore; and an MBA from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
Eu Yan Sang International Limited is a progressive, global healthcare company with its core focus in Traditional Chinese Medicine. [+]
Courage Marine Group Limited reported a net profit of US$5.2m on sales of US$12.6m for the first quarter to 31 March 2006. This is despite a 47% fall in the average Baltic Dry Index to 2,450 in 1Q06 from 4,600 in 1Q05.
Courage has sent one vessel for an intermediate survey in 2Q06 and plans to send another two dry bulk ships for intermediate/special survey in 3Q06. Despite this, the Group expects higher total available revenue days in 2006.
Courage owns/operates 11 dry bulk carriers, comprising five Handysize (10,000-39,999 dwt), three Handymax (40,000-59,999 dwt), and three Panamax vessels, with a total capacity of 486,280 dwt. [+]
MatrixView ICT Africa Pty Limited, a joint venture between MatrixView and South African partners has signed a 12-month Memorandum of Understanding with South Africa's State Information Technology Agency.
The two parties will collaborate with all South African government departments and agencies to develop an integrated technology platform to support enabling technology solutions for mobile telecommunications, bandwidth optimisation, security and data storage, e-Government projects and electronic healthcare applications including telemedicine.
MatrixView Limited is a core technology innovator that uses its patent-pending Adaptive Binary Optimisation technology to provide unique architectural solutions to enterprises across the digital content management continuum. [+]
HG Metal Manufacturing Limited achieved net profit of $4.6 million in 1H2006, compared to a net loss of $5.5 million in 2H2005. This turnaround in net earnings was achieved despite 1H2006 revenue being 7.2% lower at S$173.2 million compared to S$186.6 million in 2H2005. First half revenues are usually lower compared to second half due to lesser activities during the Chinese New Year break. The improvement in net earnings was due to the gain on the disposal of Ferrochina's share, and foreign exchange gains for inventory arising from the weakening of US Dollar.
Demand for HG Metal's steel plates, accounting for more than 50% of total sales, remains strong. Demand for steel plates by shipbuilders in the booming marine sector has contributed a positive impact on HG Metal's sales. At the same time, demand for HG Metal's construction-related products like bars and beams also picked up pace, in line with the recovering property market.
HG Metal is a premier steel stockist and manufacturer of steel products. [+]
• 1Q-2006 Operating Revenue Grew 14%, To S$426.8 million.
• EBITDA Rose 28%, To S$127.5 million.
• Net Profit Doubled To S$61.4 million.
• Group Recommends 1Q-2006 Dividend Of 2.5 Cents Per Share.
StarHub is Singapore's second largest info-communication company and the sole operator delivering a full range of information, communications and entertainment services over fixed, cable, mobile and Internet platforms. [+]
Soilbuild Group Holdings Ltd has signed an agreement, through its subsidiary - SB (Cashew) Development Pte. Ltd., to purchase and develop a vacant 5,628 square metre site along Cashew Road (Mukim 16 Lot 1486W).
This freehold site is zoned for residential property development and is presently owned by The Methodist Church in Singapore. The acquisition of the site from the MCS is to be paid for in the form of completed residential apartment units.
Soilbuild has also applied to purchase the adjoining 391 square metres State Land (Mukim 16 Lot 1485 (SL) Pt). Based on the plot ratio of 1.4, the estimated development charge for the project is about $1.14 million. Assuming an average size of 1,200 square feet per unit, the site can be developed into about 70 to 80 residential units.
Soilbuild is a boutique developer of prime residential properties and has a portfolio of commercial/industrial properties. [+]
Raffles Education Corporation Limited reported a 130.6% surge in net profit to $22.7 million for the 9 months ended March 31, 2006. This came on the back of a 86.2% increase in Group revenue to $62.4 million for 9M06, from the $33.5 million recorded in the previous corresponding period.
To reward its shareholders, the Board declared a dividend of 1.25 cents per ordinary share for 3Q06.
RafflesEducationCorp is one of Asia's leading creative design and management education groups. [+]
The estimated net proceeds will amount to S$61.5 million and will be used as follows:
• approximately S$30 million as capital injection for the setting up of the Group's new joint venture company, Nanjing Puzhen Rail Transport Co., Ltd.
• approximately S$8.5 million for the acquisition of plant and machinery for the Group's Aluminium Alloy Division including welding, straightening, bending and other auxiliary machinery which are used for downstream processes.
• the balance for general corporate and working capital requirements.
Midas is a leading manufacturer of aluminium alloy extrusion products and PE pipes, primarily for the transportation and infrastructure sectors in the PRC. [+]
Riding on the buoyancy of the wastewater treatment industry in the PRC, Bio-Treat reported a 16% increase in net profit to RMB89.0 million, on a 32% growth in revenue to RMB375.5 million.
For the nine months ended 31 March 2006, Bio-Treat recorded a 32% y-o-y growth in revenue to just over the one billion mark, and a 24% increase in net profit to RMB255.5 million.
Earnings per share for 3Q FY06 increased 11% to RMB0.10, from RMB0.09 previously. Net asset value per share was also higher at RMB1.92 as at 31 March 2006, compared with RMB1.65 as at 30 June 2005.
Bio-Treat Technology Limited is one of the PRC's leading companies in the development and application of biotechnology for the treatment of waste and wastewater. [+]
WBL Corporation Limited achieved record revenue of $1.1 billion for the first half of FY 2006, up 14% from the same period in FY 2005. Pre-tax profit rose to over $106 million from $66 million, while net attributable profit soared by over 100% to over $40 million. Wearnes will be giving shareholders an interim dividend of 5 cents per ordinary share.
Wearnes expects its performance for the rest of the year, barring unforeseen circumstances, to improve over last year. The Technology Manufacturing Division is likely to report continued strong sales from existing customers and M-Flex is also expected to roll out several new patented products. The Automotive Division will launch several new models in the later part of the year which should have a positive impact on revenue. However, the Technology Solutions Divisions is likely to face keen competition and increasing pressure on margins. The company expects to continue to unlock value from its property holdings in the Investments portfolio in the second half of FY2006.
WBL Corporation Ltd is a dynamic international group with key activities in Technology Manufacturing, Automotive Distribution and Technology Solutions. [+]
Petra Foods Limited has delivered a strong interim performance for the first quarter of the financial year ending 31 March 2006. Net profit for the Group grew 54.5% to US$8.4 million on sales of US$114.7 million for the latest quarter ended 31 March 2006 compared to US$5.4 million net profit and US$110.8 million sales for the previous corresponding period.
Whilst the Group's net profit has been boosted by an exceptional gain of US$1.5 million following the revaluation of its Philippines manufacturing assets and the closure of its Malaysian joint venture, Ceres Sime Confectionery Sdn Bhd, the effect of excluding this extraordinary gain still provides an equally impressive net profit growth of 26.7%. EBITDA improved by 29.8% to US$13.6 million, an improvement of over US$3 million from 1Q 2005.
Petra Food Limited and its subsidiaries is one of the world's major manufacturers and suppliers for premium cocoa ingredients, namely cocoa powder, cocoa butter and cocoa liquor. [+]
• Revenues and net profit jumped to historical first-quarter highs.
• Revenues up 34% to RMB30.5 million on broad-based sales growth across all product segments.
• Net profit up 64% to RMB10.5 million on strong net profit margin of 35%.
• Group maintains positive outlook for the rest of FY2006.
STAR Pharmaceutical is specialised in the manufacture and sale of both western and TCM-formulated prescription drugs. [+]
EC-Asia International Limited has opened a representative office in Sydney, its second office in Australia, and is set to enter the Australian market with its ACEplusTM branded products from July 2006.
The strong growth in demand for memory products such as expandable memory cards and DDR2 memory modules for PCs and desktops in Asia Pacific has prompted EC-Asia to extend its range of ACEplus products to Australia.
EC-Asia International Limited is an Australian listed company focusing on developing, manufacturing and distributing of DRAMs and Flash Memories needed in the digital world for hyper-demanding computing and entertainment devices. [+]
Noble Group continues to be recognized by investors as one of Singapore's most respected companies according to the 2006 annual poll conducted by FinanceAsia, a leading financial and investment publication.
Noble, reaching its 5th consecutive year of selection on the FinanceAsia polls, landed near the top of the 2006 list under "Best Managed Company" and "Best Investor Relations" where they placed 5th edging past blue chips such as Chartered Semiconductor, CapitaLand and UOB. In the category for "Best Corporate Governance" Noble ranked 8th among the Lion City's publicly listed companies.
Noble Group Limited is a market leader in managing the global supply chain of agricultural, industrial and energy products. [+]
• Secures charter of its specialized 120-man accommodation vessel to work in Offshore Malaysia.
• Secures charter of a multi-purpose workboat to work in Australia.
• Secures marine logistic handling and storage contract with A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S.
Swissco is one of the leading operators of a young and modern fleet of offshore support vessels, providing marine services to the shipping and offshore oil and gas industries. [+]
• 1Q2006 affected by the downturn, but signs of recovery in optical disc industry with steady decline in polycarbonate prices and strong demand growth for DVDR.
• Growth strategies through increased product range, geographical expansion, vertical integration of operations and diversification into OLED equipment manufacturing.
Anwell Technologies Ltd. is a global leader in providing integrated solutions for optical disc replication business. [+]
Multi-Fineline Electronix, Inc. net sales for the fiscal second quarter ended March 31, 2006, increased by 60 percent to $123.8 million from $77.4 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2005. Net income for the fiscal second quarter of 2006 increased 59 percent to $12.5 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, compared to $7.9 million, or $0.32 per diluted share, for the same period in fiscal 2005. The company's gross margins for the second fiscal quarter were approximately 21 percent, in line with the company's expected range of 18-22 percent.
For the first six months of fiscal 2006 ended March 31, 2006, net sales increased approximately 63 percent to $263.5 million from $161.8 million, while net income increased to $29.9 million or $1.18 per diluted share, compared to $17.4 million or $0.70 per diluted share in the same period in fiscal 2005.
WBL Corporation Limited is a dynamic international group with key activities in Technology Manufacturing, Technology Solutions, Automotive Distribution and Investments. [+]
• NPAT rises 16.3% to S$3.3 million for seasonally slowest quarter 1Q - excluding effect of fair value changes on hybrid swap instrument, partially offset by negative goodwill, the Group would have recorded a 50.6% growth in NPAT to S$4.3 million.
• Initiatives to enhance margin mix reaping results - higher-margin Enterprise Systems grew 29.6% on strong growth in China; IT Distribution up 17.8% on robust demand in Malaysia and Thailand; new Accessories business in high-growth phase.
• IT Distribution to extend into pan-Asia retail segment to complement 17,000-strong channel networks in 6 countries - initial roll-out in 2Q with first concept store to be opened in Singapore.
• Outlook: Directors expect Group's earnings for 2Q and for FY 2006 to be better than FY 2005 on stronger economic outlook and higher ICT spending in the region.
ECS Holdings Limited is a leading ICT product and services provider, serving and supporting a wide regional customer base. [+]
• Net Profit After Tax rose 221% to US$ 1.3 million.
• Turnover rose 23% to US$30.8 million.
• Intangible IP Assets amounted to US$5.7 million VS R&D expenses of US$0.2 million incurred.
• Trek realising costs benefits arising from strategic alliances with OEM customers.
• Digital Technology and Licensing businesses remained the main propellant of Trek's future growth.
Trek 2000 International Ltd, an industry leader, innovator and patent owner of the ThumbDrive® offers state-of-the-art design solutions ranging from portable storage devices, digital technology, wireless, and encryption to sophisticated Enterprise solutions all catering to the fast changing digital technology industry. [+]
• Revenue up 78% to US$36.4 million.
• Gross profit up 65% to US$10.1 million.
• Net profit up 76% to US$4.2 million.
• EPS up 0.44 cents (68%) to 1.09 US cents.
• NAV up 5.72 cents (21%) to 32.68 US cents.
DMX Technologies Group Limited is a new breed of system architects in Asia. [+]
• Eastern Europe and Central Asia sales up 94.8%.
• Strong beverage sales drive revenue up 29.2%.
• Earnings per share up 53.0%.
• New Russian factory operational.
Food Empire Holdings is a leading food and beverage company that manufactures and markets instant beverage products, frozen convenience food, confectionery and snack food. [+]
• For nine months ended 31 March 2006, net profit grew 25% to S$10.9 million while revenue increased 11% to S$137.3 million.
• Number of retail outlets increased by 11 to 109, surpassing the original target of 8-10 stores in FY2006.
Eu Yan Sang International is a progressive, global healthcare company with its core focus in Traditional Chinese Medicine. [+]
• Revenue +50% to US$8.5m: Broad-based Growth. India +38%, Europe +348%, North America +48%, Other +69%.
• Group net profit +65% to US$2.5m: Improved Product Mix & Effective Cost Management.
• Net margin expanded to 29.1%.
• Outlook for FY2006: Pipeline of Enhanced & New Products.
Sarin is a worldwide leader in the development, manufacture and sale of precision technology products based mainly on automated 3D geometric measurement (metrology) for the processing of diamonds. [+]
FMR Corp. and Fidelity International Ltd. has become a substantial shareholder of Advanced.
The Fidelity group has increased its stake by acquiring 0.7 million ordinary shares in Advanced on 4 May 2006, bringing its total stake in Advanced to 13.1 million ordinary shares, equivalent to approximately 5.05% of Advanced issued ordinary share capital.
Advanced Holdings Ltd. is a specialist company which designs and supplies process equipment to cater to the different needs of its customers in the chemical and petrochemical, oil and gas, power generation and micro-electronics industries. [+]
• Group revenue rose 47% to a record S$21.2 million on the back of China's strong economic growth, broadened membrane product range and strong contribution from downstream product manufacturing business.
• Group EBITDA grew 22% to S$6.1 million. In 1Q 2006, net cash generated from operation activities was approximately S$6.3 million versus a negative cash flow of S$5.5 million a year ago.
• Net earnings up 33% to S$5.5 million. Contribution from associates amounted to S$0.5 million. Income tax expense decreased by 32% as Jiangxi New Reyphon Biochemical Co., Ltd started to enjoy tax incentives from year 2006.
Sinomem Technology Limited provide integrated process and engineering solutions for separation, purification and cleaner production purposes for their customers in diverse industries through the use of its proprietary advanced membrane technology. [+]
• Results consistent with expectations for its new VOA, which doubled the Group's super-trawler fleet with fishing licences and quotas in the North Pacific Ocean to 14.
• Directors are expecting similar revenue and earnings-accretive impacts from the new VOA for subsequent quarters in FY2006.
• China Fishery stepping up plans to further increase fishing grounds and capabilities, expects expansion of business operations into Peru in the near future.
China Fishery is a global, integrated industrial fishing specialist with governmental rights to fish in diverse locations across the world's oceans. [+]
"..AEM-Evertech is an excellent example of how a local company with bold ambition and focus on innovation can become a pioneer in organic substrate manufacturing in Singapore. It also demonstrates how EDB is enhancing the competitiveness of Singapore as a manufacturing location by building strong clusters with capable supporting industry comprising both multinational and local companies in complementary partnerships..."
Mr Ko Kheng Hwa
Singapore Economic Development Board