Aztech recorded its third straight year of profit growth with net profit rising 57% in FY2005. The Group's total revenue for FY2005 was $178.58 million, up 17% from $152.14 million in
The Group's three business segments, namely ODM/OEM Sales, Contract Manufacturing and Retail Distribution, continued to show healthy growth.
Revenue from ODM/OEM Sales grew from $88.54 million in FY2004 to $93.47 million in FY2005, up by 6%. It accounted for 2% of the Group's revenue. Contract Manufacturing business delivered solid revenue growth of 27% from $48.05 million in FY2004 to $60.80 million in FY2005. It contributed 34% to the Group's total revenue. Retail Distribution business registered strong results in FY2005. Its revenue rose by 56% to $24.32 million in FY2005 as compared to $15.55 million in FY2004.
Aztech Systems Ltd is a multi-national company providing OEM/ODM design and manufacturing services, contract manufacturing and retail service. [+]
The Company's 90%-owned subsidiary, Boustead International Heaters (BIH), has secured three contracts valued at S$11 million. The contracts are expected to be completed within the next financial year ending 31 March 2007.
Details of the contracts include:
• The supply of critical heater components for a project in Saudi Arabia.
• The design and supply of a reboiler heater for a project in Argentina.
• The design and supply of three identical hot oil heaters including process controls and instrumentation for an oil refinery project in Saudi Arabia.
Boustead is a progressive global Engineering Services & Geo-Spatial Technology Group. [+]
Venture Corporation Limited reported a 7% increase in profit attributable to shareholders of S$201m, or 75 cents per share, for the financial year ended 31 December 2005, compared with S$189m, or 71 cents per share a year ago. Annual revenue was S$3.24b, compared to S$3.19b last year.
For the quarter ended 31 December 2005, the Group registered a 27% improvement in profit attributable to shareholders from S$43m to S$55m, in spite of a 13% decline in revenue from S$1b to S$878m.
For the year 2005, the Board of Directors has proposed a final dividend of S$0.25 and a bonus dividend of S$0.25 on a tax-exempt basis.
Venture Corporation Limited ranks among the best in managing the value chains of leading electronics companies around the world. [+]
• Net profit growth of 128.8% outpaces revenue growth of 31.8% due to sales of more complete sets of vanes that command higher profit margin, improved production efficiency and reduction in sub-contracting costs.
• Strong performance driven by increased demand for vane products from existing customers in FY2005.
• Increase in demand for electricity power in China leading to more power plants being built and upgraded has resulted in increase in orders for power generation components and related parts.
• The Directors proposed a dividend of 0.9 Singapore cent per share, at the option of the shareholders, in cash or in scrip.
Shanghai Turbo is a precision engineering group that specializes in the production of precision vane products, namely stationary vanes, moving vanes and nozzles. [+]
• Group revenue for FY2005 grew 79% to $74.7 million, driven by strong growth in PCB manufacturing.
• Group net profit for FY 2005 rose 52% to $12.6 million is in line with higher sales and due to improved plant utilisation rates.
• Laser drilling and PCB manufacturing - key drivers of revenue and profit growth for FY2005 and 4Q2005.
Eucon Holdings Limited is an integrated PCB solution provider for PCB manufacturers in China and Taiwan. [+]
• FY2005 revenue rises 24.1% to hit S$861.0 million on strong demand for Delong products; Net profit soars 214.2% to S$121.5 million from year ago on cost efficiency.
• Announces dividend policy and maiden $23.9 million payout to shareholders.
• Phase One of technological enhancements completed in advance; Phase Two to add to top-line growth through further expansion of production capacity and product offering.
• Guides that 1Q FY2006 performance will be sequentially better than that of 4Q FY2005.
Delong Holdings Limited is a steel manufacturing and trading group headquartered in Beijing, People's Republic of China. [+]
Effective from March 1, 2006, Mr Alvin Hon will be promoted to Sales Director of the Company and Mr Joseph Chu will be promoted to Marketing Director of the Company.
Reporting to Deputy Chairman Mr CC Kwok, Mr Hon and Mr Chu will focus on building and managing Willas-Array's sales and marketing operations in Greater China - a market which presents immense growth potential for the Group.
Willas-Array is principally engaged in the distribution of active and passive components for use in the audio/video, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and computer segments. [+]
• Revenue increased by 14.7% to $184.0 million on the back of strong beverage sales.
• Sixth consecutive year of double digit growth on the back of increased sales in key markets.
• New Moscow factory established.
Food Empire Holdings is a leading food and beverage company that manufactures and markets instant beverage products, frozen convenience food, confectionery and snack food. [+]
• 1-for-5 Bonus Share Issue Proposed: Celebrate Record 25th Anniversary Results.
Broad-based Revenue Growth to S$0.5 billion: South Asia +69%, North Asia +26%, Rest of World +403%.
• Total Point-of-Sale Network + 476 Outlets to 1,036 Outlets: New Target 3,000 Outlets by 2013.
• Strong Performance from Core OSIM Operations: Global Active and Brookstone expected to add Growth in FY2006.
• Positive Operating Cash Flow: Net Cash from Operating Activities S$83m +109%.
• Full Year 2005 Group Net Profit +53%: Exceeded Long Term Growth Rate of between 20% and 30%.
OSIM is a brand management and niche marketing company with a focus on the consumer. [+]
Darco Water Technologies Limited increased its net profit for the Financial Year ended 31st December 2005 by 178% to S$5.7 million, on the back of just a modest 9% rise in revenue to S$55.2 million and a 10.6% drop in distribution and administrative costs to S$9 million.
Net profit margin improved sharply to 10.4% from 4.1% a year ago, while earnings per share soared 206% to 3.06 cents.
Darco is a provider of integrated engineering and knowledge-based water treatment and environmental engineering solutions. [+]
• FY2005 revenue rose 41% to USD187.2 million.
• Flash memory products sales drove the strong Group performance.
• Recommended final dividend of 0.877 US cents per ordinary share.
Memory Devices Group engages in the research and development, manufacture, and sale of solid state memory storage products for use in personal computers, notebooks, servers, and networks as well as a wide array of consumer electronics, industrial, and communications applications. [+]
• Record revenue of $212.6 million - growth of 10%.
• Net margin of 13%, up from 11%.
• EPS rose to 9.59 cents, from 8.95 cents.
• Net cash of $34.7 million, comprising 25% of equity.
ElectroTech Investments Limited is an international group of vertically-integrated engineering and manufacturing companies that provide contract design and manufacturing services to an international client base. [+]
• Group revenue up 61% on robust customer demand.
• Group net profit up 109% to US$9.4m.
• Key market India: revenue jumps 79% to US$23.5m.
• Change in product mix and higher productivity expanded gross margin to 68.5% and net margin to 30.9%.
• Final dividend proposed US 0.865 cents; full year total of US 1.865 cents.
Sarin is a worldwide leader in the development, manufacture and sale of precision technology products based mainly on automated three-dimensional geometric measurement (metrology) for the processing of diamonds. [+]
• Posts record 2005 Net Profit of Baht 553.75 million, up 114% over 2004.
• 2005 Sales of Baht 9,459.94 million, a 73% increase year-over-year.
• Strong cash position with the completion of Baht 725.7 million private placement.
Headquartered in Ayutthaya, Thailand, Magnecomp Precision Technology Public Company Limited specializes in designing, developing and manufacturing precision suspension assemblies for the Hard Disk Drive industry with a number of subsidiaries specializing in precision stamping, chemical etching, additive circuits, and tool and die fabrication, supporting its core business. [+]
• Achieves double-digit revenue growth in all geographical segments.
• Achieves double-digit revenue growth in all product segments.
• Declares 1-for-5 bonus issue.
• Declares first and final tax exempt dividend of 1 Singapore cent.
JEL Corporation is principally engaged in the trading and distribution of photographic products and fast-moving consumer goods in emerging markets of Indo-China, Central Asia, certain countries/regions in Africa and Latin American. [+]
• Revenue rose 21.8% to $171.0 million.
• Net profit after tax rose 358.5% to $4.8million.
• Cash flow generated from operating activities stood at $23.0 million.
• Cash and bank balances amounted to 56.0 million.
Trek 2000 International Ltd, an industry leader, innovator and patent owner of the ThumbDrive® offers state-of-the-art design solutions ranging from portable storage devices, digital technology, wireless, and encryption to sophisticated Enterprise solutions all catering to the fast changing digital industry. [+]
Kingsmen Creatives Ltd reported a 55% jump in net profits to S$2.2 million for the financial year ended 31 December 2005. This was on the back of a 21% increase in Group revenue from S$63.3 million in FY2004 to S$76.7 million in FY2005.
This was mainly due to strong contribution from the Interiors Division, which grew 45% from S$28.7 million in FY2004 to S$41.6 million in FY2005. Some of the key projects undertaken by the Group included Baccarat, Burberry, DFS, Dickson Group, Espirit, FJ Benjamin, Nokia, Nuance-Watson, Osim, Pertama, P&G, POSBank and Wing Tai.
Kingsmen is a leading communications design and production group in Asia Pacific and the Middle East. [+]
Biosensors International Group, Ltd. will be participating in the Citigroup Global Healthcare Conference which is being held from 27 February - 1
March 2006 in Washington D.C. Mr. Steven Thomson, Chief Operating Officer, will make a 30-minute presentation on Tuesday, 28 February at approximately 4:50 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time.
A live webcast of the presentation hosted by Citigroup will be available. To access this webcast, interested parties are required to log on to here and select the webcast link. An archive replay will also be available for the next 30 days on the same site. [+]
Ten-year vessel operating agreement with new partner Alatir for fishing in the Pacific Ocean including Russian economic waters.
• New VOA enables China Fishery to double its fishing capacity in the Pacific Ocean.
• Fixed daily charter hire of US$12,000 PLUS 20% profit sharing on gross profit; option to prepay charter hire for entire ten year period at US$82 million.
• Directors expect new VOA to increase turnover for current FY2006.
China Fishery Group Limited is a global, integrated industrial fishing specialist with governmental rights to fish in diverse locations across the world's oceans. [+]
• C Banner ladies shoes have become the second most popular shoe brand in PRC in FY 2005.
• Retail outlets increased to 615 at end of FY2005 from 487 a year earlier.
• Growth propelled by continued strong demand for in-house brands and increased capacity from higher production capacity in Nanjing and Dongguan.
• Group has achieved three-year compounded average annual growth rate of 29%.
Hongguo is a specialised designer, manufacturer and retailer of fashion wear headquartered in Nanjing, China. [+]
Net profit grew by US$5.3 million or 28.9% to US$23.7 million on the back of a 14.4% increase in turnover which translates to a record sales of US$439.3 million. EBITDA grew 9.3% to US$43.6 million, up from US$39.9 million in FY2004.
Diluted earnings per share rose from US 4.4 cents to US 4.5 cents. Net asset value per ordinary share increased from US 25.5 cents as at 31 December 2004 to US 28.6 cents.
The Directors have recommended a final tax exempt dividend of Singapore 1.56 cents per share making a total dividend of Singapore 2.94 cents for the full year.
Petra Food Limited and its subsidiaries is one of the world's major manufacturers and suppliers for cocoa ingredients, namely cocoa powder, cocoa butter and cocoa liquor. [+]
Sunpower Group Ltd. has clinched its first batch of contracts for supplying heat pipes to the Qinghai-Tibet Railway. The contracts are worth a total of RMB21 million.
The 1,142 kilometer-long Qinghai-Tibet Railway runs from Golmud in Qinghai to the Tibetan capital of Lhasa. Started in 2001, it will cost a total of RMB26.2 billion to build. At an altitude of over 4,000 meters above sea level, it is the highest railway in the world and will cross 632 kilometers of permafrost, of which 550 kilometers are in continuous permafrost.
PRC-based Sunpower Group Ltd specializes in the design, R&D and manufacture of customized energy saving and environmental protection products using heat transfer technologies. [+]
Inter-Roller Engineering Limited has secured a contract for a baggage handling system for a new terminal at one of China's largest airports. The project, valued at approximately S$42 million, is expected to be completed at the end of 2007.
The system will be designed and built to cater for a passenger capacity of up to 40 million. The new project is expected to contribute to the turnover and profitability of the Group for the financial years 2006 and 2007. This is Inter-Roller's first airport project in China for 2006.
Inter-Roller specializes in the designing and building of Airport Logistics Systems such as Airport Baggage Handling Systems, In-flight Catering Systems, Air Cargo Handling Systems and Parcel Handling Systems. [+]
Asian Small Companies, the investment fund managed by Lloyd George Investment Management (Bermuda) Limited, a diversified fund specialized in investing in high growth small/medium sized companies located or traded in Asia., has again increased its stake in Advanced.
The Fund now holds 8.1 million ordinary shares, representing approximately 6.28% of Advanced issued ordinary share capital. This is the second time that the Fund has increased its stake in Advanced. On 9 February 2006, it crossed over the substantial shareholder threshold with the acquisition of 2.6 million ordinary shares, representing approximately 5.49% of Advanced issued ordinary share capital.
Advanced Holdings Ltd is a specialist company which designs and supplies process equipment to cater to the different needs of its customers in the chemical and petrochemical, oil and gas, power generation and micro-electronics industries. [+]
In FY2005, the Group saw its revenue soar 127% to S$38.9 million, from S$17.1 million, on the back of an outstanding performance from its Petrochemical & Chemical and Oil & Gas sectors in the PRC. Net Profit grew at a faster pace than revenue, jumping an impressive 170% to S$6.9 million as compared to S$2.6 million in FY2004.
During the year ended 31 December 2005, Advanced had a capitalisation of 26 million shares through a 3-for-10 bonus share issue. Based on the enlarged Share Capital of 93 million weighted average ordinary shares, earnings per share increased 110% to 7.47 cents in FY2005 as compared to 3.56 cents previously. Net asset value per share increased 29% to 12.52 cents as at 31 December 2005 from 9.74 cents a year ago.
Advanced is a specialist company which designs and supplies process equipment and process technologies to cater to the different needs of its customers in the chemical and petrochemical, oil and gas, power generation and micro-electronics industries. [+]
• Turnover surged 95% to US$41.9m, and 82% to US$129.2m for 4Q05 and FY05 respectively, on increased contribution from all geographies.
• Net Profit grew 62% to US$4.9m and 69% to US$15.1m for 4Q05 and FY05 respectively.
• Group Days Sales Outstanding improved by 29 days to 148 days.
• Experienced a healthy business pipeline especially in China, Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia.
DMX provides a wide range of broadband network infrastructure, digital video, and advanced mobile solutions to service providers and corporate customers. [+]
• Proposes first & final dividend of 1.00 cent per ordinary share, and special dividend of 1.00 cent.
• Shareholders will also be rewarded with a 1-for-2 bonus issue.
• Tianjin operations to commence in 2Q06 - its 6th in China.
Sinwa is an established ISO 9001:2000-certified marine supply and logistics company servicing the offshore and marine in Singapore, the PRC and Australia. [+]
• Full-Year Operating Revenue Increased 16%, To S$1.57 billion.
• Strong Net Profit Of S$221.4 million.
• EBITDA Surged 43%, To S$460.1 million.
• Free Cash Flow More Than Doubled, To S$256.9 million.
• Group Recommends Final Dividend Of 2.5 Cents Per Share.
StarHub is Singapore's second largest info-communication company and the sole operator
delivering a full range of information, communications and entertainment services over fixed, cable, mobile and Internet platforms. [+]
COSCO Corporation (Singapore) Limited took delivery of a new dry bulk carrier, M.V. COS Orchid, from Nantong Cosco KHI Ship Engineering Co., Ltd, a 50% owned associate of COSCO's parent, China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company.
M.V. COS Orchid is a handymax vessel with a dead weight tonnage of 55,500. The delivery expands COSCO's bulk carrier fleet size to 15 with an aggregate tonnage capacity in excess of 850,000 dwt.
M.V. COS Orchid is registered in Singapore, owned by COS Orchid Shipping Inc which is the subsidiary of COSCO Singapore. It was originally slated for delivery in the third quarter of 2006. With its early delivery, COSCO will charter out the vessel ahead of schedule, thus accelerating its positive contribution to the Group's earnings.
COSCO Corporation is a diversified group with core activities in shipping and shipping related services. [+]
• Record Group revenue exceeds the $200 million mark due to strong growth in hard disk drives and consumer electronics sectors, as well as sustained market demand in both its business units.
• Record Net Profit after tax soars 78% to $4.4m (excluding property revaluation) since listing.
• Record highest total dividend since Listing in FY2002, of 1.5 cents per ordinary share (less tax) for FY2005.
WesTech Electronics Limited acts as a distributor and manufacturers' representative of a comprehensive range of electronics components and systems for many international brands. [+]
Highlights of results FY2005 vs FY2004
• Revenue up 17.0% to S$70.5 million.
• Net profit up 19.7% to S$18.3 million.
• Final dividend of 0.25 cents per share.
Midas is a leading manufacturer of aluminium alloy extrusion products and PE pipes, primarily for the transportation and infrastructure sectors in the PRC. [+]
FY2005 Financial Highlights:
• Full-Year Revenue up 28% to US$74.9 million.
• 4Q FY2005 Revenue up 82% to US$27.3 million.
• Net Profit at US$10.4 million.
• Proposed a dividend of 1 Singapore cent per ordinary share.
Memtech produces high-end silicone rubber, plastic and silicone rubber plastic hybrid keypads primarily for the mobile phone and automotive industries. [+]
Total Automation Ltd posted a 24.3% surge in its FY2005 net profit to a S$11.0 million record earnings on the back of a 1.7% rise in turnover to S$84.1 million, for the financial year ended 31 December 2005.
The improved performance was due to increased business activity for the Service/Repair and Manufacturing/Gauging business segments in the South Asia/Middle East and Europe regions, coupled with better operating efficiencies achieved by the Group.
To reward our shareholders, the Board of Directors proposes distributing a dividend of 0.5 cents per ordinary share for FY2005.
Total Automation Ltd is a leading engineering control and instrumentation specialist servicing the marine, offshore, oil and petrochemical, power and utilities, and gas storage industries. [+]
"..While operating conditions were relatively demanding and the competitive landscape intense, the initiatives that we undertook to strengthen our fundamentals since 2004 are bearing fruit, and steering us back onto the path of steady growth and progress..."
Mr Wong Ngit Liong
Chairman and CEO
Venture Corporation Limited
Midas has grown to become a leading manufacturer of aluminium alloy extrusion products and PE pipes, primarily for the transportation and infrastructure sectors in the PRC.
Its customers include MNCs and state-owned companies such as Alstom Transport SA,Siemens International Trading Ltd. and Harbin Feida Mechanical Forging Co., Ltd.
The Group is also involved in high profile projects such as the Shanghai Pearl Line Project, Metro Oslo MRT in Norway, Guangzhou MRT Line 3, Tianjin MRT, Nanjing MRT, the Circle Line project in Singapore and the Shenzhen Exhibition Centre.
| 24 Feb 2006
| 23 Feb 2006
| 22 Feb 2006
| 21 Feb 2006
| 20 Feb 2006
|EPS ($) *
|NAV ($) **
|Dividend ($) ****
|Price / NAV **
|Dividend Yield (%) ****
|Market Cap (M)
|Par Value ($)
|Issued & Paid-up Shares ***
|52 Weeks High
|52 Weeks Low
Disclaimer: Although every reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy and objectivity of the information contained in this publication, neither the publishers, authors and their employees and agents can be held liable for any errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions, howsoever caused. We shall not be liable for any actions taken based on the views expressed, or information provided within this publication. Information within this publication should not be taken or construed as an offer of, or the giving of, advice to buy or sell securities. The publishers, its associated companies and their officers, directors, employees may own or may have owned or have positions in the securities mentioned or reported in this publication, and may from time to time, add on to or dispose such securities. You should always seek your own professional advice from the appropriate advisor or institution. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, transmitted in any form of by any means without the permission of the Publisher.